Some projects come out much better than expected while other projects are nothing like you the picture in your head. The other day I had a great idea (or so I thought.) I wanted to make Halloween wine bottles for decoration. It seemed so promising….did not turn out the way I had hoped.
I first cut the bottoms off the wine glass by scoring the bottom and going back and forth pouring boiling water and ice water on the bottom of the bottle. This took a little time and I will have to practice this a little more in order to make the cut even at the bottom. After the cut was complete I sanded down the bottom to get rid of any jagged edges.
I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut a few Halloween shapes out on contact paper.
Next, I set up a spray paint station in the garage and got to work. I did at least 7 coats on each bottle. I wanted to make sure there there wouldn't be any light peaking through in any other place than where I wanted.
After giving the bottles ample time to dry I peeled the contact paper off the bottles. I was really excited to see how it came out but I was so disappointed when I put the candles inside and realized the light was not bright enough to show the design. I tried every combination I could think of but unfortunately nothing worked. There was also a problem with the candle not staying light in one of the bottles.
I picked up mini halloween lights at the dollar store and they work better than the candles but it is still not the look I was hoping for. It is a cute decoration and the boys seem to think its neat and they are really the only critics I care about.
Post a Comment