I have been so terrible about updating my blog the past few months and it is not for lack of content! I have been busy crafting, baking, and learning new hobbies. The problem is I have also been busy working and taking care of my boys. I just do not seem to have the time to write a blog post. More correctly, I do not have the time to take nice pictures! That is probably the most challenging part of blogging for me so excuse my pictures but I had to share my newest project.
I have been seeing a bunch of great tutorials for wreaths on Pinterest lately and I don't know about
you but I have a hard time spending the money on a nice wreath. I decided I was going to try my hand and make my own. I went to AC Moore with my $10 off coupon and started picking out some silk flowers. I found these pretty small delicate flowers that had a lot of blooms on one stem for $1.
I bought about 20 of them in 2 shades of purple, white and green along with 3 big hydrangea blooms. I also bought a grapevine wreath. The grapevine wreath makes this project a breeze. I simply started to stick the stem of the flower into the grapevine wreath. I kept making my way around arranging the colors how I liked them. Any stems that stick out to much can be cut with wire cutters. Also, if any part of the flowers stick out a little too far, you can tie them to the wreath with flower wire.
I cut the hydrangea stems low and fixed them into the wreath. I also cut the leaves off the stem to add some green to the wreath. I love the way it came out! I saw wreaths that I did not love as much in the store for $50 and this probably cost me $20 total. (Probably would have been cheaper if I waited for the flowers to be on sale but I am impatient when I have a project in mind!)